Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Forma Asia: Plana and Yoga Classes

My friend has been urging me to try yoga for a while now and I was hesitant about it because I don't think I'm flexible enough or at all. But what the fudge, I'll try it once and see how it goes.

Our next dilemma was where to do yoga and the class schedules. We considered going to Bikram Yoga or Beyond Yoga which are both in Tomas Morato until one of our office mate suggested Forma Asia which also offers yoga classes and is conveniently located at Eton Centris Walk.


Why Forma Asia?

1. It's easily accessible via MRT Quezon Avenue Station. Just go down to Centris Walk near the parking lot.

2. They have an affordable rate for first timers. PHP 3000 for 1 month of unlimited classes.


3. You can take any classes (Forma and Yoga except Zumba) as many times as you want if you get the unlimited package.

4. Their class schedules are convenient for our work shift.

5. They have lockers, showers and provide toiletries.


6. Teachers and Staff are friendly and accommodating.


Forma Asia offers Forma, Yoga and Zumba classes. If you want something intense and hardcore try Forma classes which have different levels of difficulties. Plana Forma is a combination of Yoga, Pilates and Dance which focuses on your arms, core and thighs. I have only tried Plana Forma for beginners and you can really feel the burn in your arms and thighs in just one class. For this class you'll only need a pair of non-slip socks.


If you want something chill, try their Yoga classes. I have tried their Ashtanga class and it was very refreshing. Ashtanga is an ancient, more pure type of yoga. For this class you'll need a yoga mat which you can rent for PHP 100 and a yoga towel if you use one.


If you want something in between try Yoga: Forma Asana. You can still feel the burn but the phase is more relaxed compared to Plana Forma. For this class you'll need a yoga mat which you can rent for PHP 100 and a yoga towel if you use one.

Another thing I liked is that the teachers take the time to get to know the students and help and guide them during the class. They won't force you to bend or do the impossible for you. They will encourage you to try though but you can stay in the position you're most comfortable with. The keyword here is "TRY" so that eventually you can do the poses on your own.


They also have challenges that if you're able to complete entitles you for a discount for your next package. For example, if you complete 3 classes per week for 4 consecutive weeks, you'll get 15% discount on your next package. I think this is a good way to encourage clients to strive and make their work out a habit.

It's already my second week and I'm trying to make the most out of my unlimited package. I really like the yoga classes and wish there were more yoga class schedules available. Plana Forma on the other hand is a bit too intense for my taste but would be good for those who really want to lose weight.




1 comment: