Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Kylie Lip Kit Swatch & Review

I recently got to try the Kylie Lip Kit in shade Ginger special thanks to my friend who sold it to me at a much cheaper price otherwise I would still be drooling at KylieCosmetics.com website window shopping for lipsticks.
You can purchase a Kylie Lip Kit at KylieCosmetics for 29USD (excluding taxes and shipping fee) which contains a Lip Liner and a Matte Liquid Lipstick. 

The set comes in a white box with the shade shown at the top and sides.


Lip Liner and Liquid Lipstick

Lip Liner and Liquid Lipstick in shade Ginger.
It is matte and smells good like vanilla. It quite resembles the smell of NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream but sweeter.

Shade comparison with other liquid lipsticks. The closest color that I previously own is the NYX Lip Lingerie in shade Exotic but Ginger is more of a brownish shade while Exotic is more of a reddish shade.

after sometime, you can see it really is long lasting


without/with lip liner/with lipliner and lipstick.
(sorry for the picture quality)

Start of Day

End of Day

It does transfer a bit but nothing major.

The Feel
Well it feels like any other liquid lipsticks which can be drying depending on your lip condition. It is drying but it's tolerable. It's not exactly lightweight that I can feel I have something on my lips. It can highlight lip lines like most liquid lipsticks do.

Longevity
It is really long lasting I give it that. I did put Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue which could affect longevity but it still lasted the whole day and didn't budge (though I didn't eat anything oily). I didn't need to re-apply or even retouch because it still looks fine.

The Price
You can buy the lip kit in the Philippines from local re-sellers from about PHP2000-PHP2500. Anything too cheap is probably fake (yes there are a lot of fakes being sold everywhere) so be careful when buying. Only buy from trusted sellers which you can check by reading reviews.

Is it worth it? Would I re-purchase? For me not so much. It is worth it to satisfy my curiosity but I don't see myself purchasing again. Why? Because it is too damn expensive and there are other liquid lipsticks that are just the same with a much much cheaper price tag. Sleek's Matte Me Liquid Lipstick for example. I think they feel pretty much the same and they also have some similar colors for only PHP450. You can also try NYX Lip Lingerie which I really like enough to purchase another shade.

UPDATE: 11/26/2016

My officemates ordered directly from kyliecosmetics.com and I was able to confirm that I bought the real one. It came in a plain black box and it looks like this when opened.

Kristen and Posie K

Left: Posie K
Right: Kristen
I was surprised to see the swatch because I expected Kristen to be more pinkish and Posie K more purplish?


Before and after eating the colors stayed intact except from the inner lips because we ate a lot of oily foods.

Left to Right: Wearing Ginger, Kristen and Posie K. This is the after eating picture by the way.

A closer look at Kristen. It appears darker for some, lighter for some and orangey for some. It really depends on your lip color.


Please check out my other blogs as well:
Holiday Edition Kylie Mini Matte Liquid Lipstick
Fake Birthday Edition Kylie Mini Matte Liquid Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment