Tuesday, October 4, 2016

5 Days of Mary Kay Gel Semi-Matte Lipsticks


So I was able to get some samples of the new Mary Kay Gel Semi-Matte Lipsticks and I'll be trying each shade per day.
SHADES
Mary Kay Gel Semi-Matte Lipstick Swatch
from top to bottom
Always Apricot, Mauve Moment, Poppy Please, Powerful Pink, Crushed Berry

PACKAGING



One of the few things still made in USA.  Anyway, it retails for PHP599 introductory price so get them while still on sale. It's a bit expensive compared to other lipsticks (like Maybelline) but the quality is really good, it's very pigmented, the colors are very flattering and it stays for a long time.


Day 1: Powerful Pink
I have a looooong meeting today so I wanted something empowering. Powerful pink is not a shocking pink as I expected. It's a dark pink it almost looks red..almost.

Day 2: Always Apricot
Dinner Out with Ingress buddies tonight so I want something chill. I love love love this peachy/pink color on me in the shade Always Apricot.

Day 3: Mauve Moment
Thinking glasses on.. work mode Thursday..chos! I also like this shade. It's just a shade deeper than Always Apricot.

Day 4: Crushed Berry
Party Friday! This is the shade I first bought because I have a thing for dark lippies.

Day 5:Poppy Please
Something bright for this gloomy weather. Poppy Please is an orange red (tomato red) color. I don't like this color that much.

In general I love the shades and I love the feel on my lips. I don't know why they call it matte? I don't think it's matte but I like it nonetheless. It's not long wear either you have to re-apply after eating but it will survive a drink or two. The darker shades transfer but not that much.

There are 2 new colors, Midnight Red and Rich Truffle. I'll update this blog once I've tried them. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment