Sunday, October 16, 2016

How to take care of your dry chapped Lips

With the "matte" craze going on on lipsticks I'm sure some of you have come across this problem.. DRY and CHAPPED Lips! because I did (have this problem before) and nobody wants that.

The first time I started trying matte lipsticks, I really really wanted to use them because they look so good on the lips and they stay put all day but the thing is that at the end of the day, my lips gets too dry and chapped.

I've tried a lot of lip balms and chapticks and what not but they didn't really work for me. Until a friend suggested to use Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue (the white and baby blue one) and it did the trick! And no it's not the same as the other baby lips from Maybelline. It has to be the Dr. Rescue one.

Every time before I put on any lip liner or lipstick or lip tint or lip stain whatever I always use Maybelline Dr. Rescue first. I know it affects the longevity of the lipstick but I'd rather re-apply lipstick than ruin my lips. I always have this with me and I can't live without it. When I feel the lipstick is already drying my lips, I just dab some of this on top.

Then at night, before I sleep, I put on Petroleum Jelly to keep my lips hydrated and fresh when I wake up in the morning. It would feel weird having something on your lips the first time but you'll get used to it.

Then at least once a week I use a lip scrub to remove any dead skin cells. The one shown in the picture is from Ellana cosmetics.

Taking care of dry chapped lips is not an overnight process but if you stick to the routine you'll have fresh hydrated lips ready for the matte lippies in no time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment