Thursday, May 28, 2015

Ellana Mineral Cosmetics

I first heard about Ellana Mineral Cosmetics when a friend suggested their brush cleaner. Then I found their site and I just can't resist buying their beauty bundle.

899 for 1500 worth of products (40% OFF)
Make It Last Liquid Primer - PHP499
Ruby Lip & Cheek Gel - PHP299
Multipurpose Eyeshadow in Halo - PHP199
Multipurpose Eyeshadow in Brillance - PHP199
Pumpkin Pie Late Finishing Powder - PHP350
Crease Brush
Total:  PHP1546 not including the Crease Brush
I bought this set for PHP899. So I saved PHP647 and a crease brush!

I also bought the Brush Cleaner PHP400 and Blush in Bliss PHP153.
I got the complete set of mineral foundations too for free!

Mineral Powder, Eyeshadow and Blush
I love the packaging. They are so cute and neat.

Pumpkin Pie Late Oil Absorbing Finishing Powder. 
This is actually for neutral skin tones but it works for me. 
It belongs to their Surreal Blend which is for Oily/Acne Prone Skin.

Bliss Blush with an Earthy Terracotta color

Multipurpose Eyeshadow in Halo (an iridescent pink color)
It actually looks white but it's a pinkish glow when you apply it.
Multipurpose Eyeshadow in Brillance (bronze frost color)

Let me just say I love their powders! From the finishing powder to the blush and eyeshadow. The eyeshadow especially. I love the colors. they are very rich and pigmented. I was quite clueless at first on how to use mineral powders and they are messy but I love it!

Free Samples
I was quite disappointed to find they are all Intensive Blends (for Combination skin).
I was hoping to get samples of their Supreme Blend (for Oily skin).
But they're free so...

Brush Cleaner, Primer and Lip&Cheek Tint

Brush Cleaner in Action
I used the Pumpkin Pie Late Finishing Powder with the Multitask brush.
Then I sprayed some Cleaner on the tissue and swirled the brush in it.
Before and After
Works like a charm. I'd never have to worry about cleaning my brushes in a hurry. :)

Primer. It's the first time I've used a primer and I didn't like the smell. It smells like oil in wood I don't know.

The lip and cheek tint has a nice ruby red color but for some reason it only colors my lower lip. XD I think my upper lip is too dark and I don't even smoke.

I know I'm quite the impulsive buyer but I didn't regret purchasing these products. Their website is really nice and informative. They will help you determine your skin tone and type and recommend the perfect blend for you. I also like that they have a wide range of colors both for every skin tone and type. The colors are so nice and looks natural on the skin. I've been using these for a week and no breakouts. I don't think the oil-absorbing properties were much help though. I still have to blot every now and then but I like the finish. It blends really well on my skin. Would I repurchase? The brush cleaner, blush and eyeshadow, definitely yes and maybe the finishing powder too. The primer and lip&cheek tint not so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment