Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Digitally Permed Hair Maintenance

It's been a month since I had my hair digitally permed and it's holding up quite well. I just want to share how I maintain it because I didn't find much about maintenance for permed hair.  Disclaimer: I'm not saying this is how you should do it, It's just how I like to do it :)


SHAMPOO

Shampoo is important to clean and rinse off the dirt in your hair. So what shampoo should you use? I say use whatever you like :p Some say sulfate free shampoos are better because they won't dry off your hair ripping it with it's natural protective oil. But I've tried sulfate free shampoos before and I didn't like how it felt. No suds, like I didn't really clean my hair. Some people skip shampoo altogether and just use conditioner. But I don't think I can stand that as well. So what I do is dilute the shampoo in water and use that to wash my hair. I recommend using hydrating shampoos because coloring and perming your hair might make it dry. I've been using Tsubaki (the red one) before but recently I tried Pantene's Color and Perm shampoo and it's okay so far. If you know where I can buy Herbal Essences Totally Twisted in the Philippines please please let me know :)
Pantene Color & Perm PHP120

CONDITIONER

I can't stand not using conditioner when I got my hair permed. It makes your hair softer, moisturized and manageable. I just picked up this one at Watson's one time because the sales lady said she swears by it and I was quite in a hurry soo yeah. It actually is moisturizing and I like it. I also use a wide toothed comb when I condition my hair to remove the tangles and spread the conditioner better.
Naturals Argan Oil Conditioner PHP150

DRYING

We usually towel dry our hair (I do) but I've read somewhere that it strips the hair of moisture so I just use an old t-shirt and wrap it  around my hair while I do my make up and wait for it to dry.

PRODUCTS

I then section it and twist it like this (I was clueless how to do it at first) while it's still wet.

Then combine a matte & hard wax with 1 pump of hair oil, mix them and apply it to my curls twisting & scrunching them again and distributing the product evenly.
You can use any wax and hair oil really this is just what I prefer. 
Gatsby Matte & Hard PHP37
Black Beauty Hair Serum PHP69


Occasionally, I also use a hair mouse (left over from when I last permed) but I prefer the wax&oil combination for a better hold. 

I also tried using Argan Oil instead of the serum but it's less moisturizing.

Then I drive around and wait for it to dry on my way to work and just de-tangle it when I get off at the office.

Tada! Our one month old digitally permed curls

No comments:

Post a Comment