Saturday, April 25, 2015

DC Comics Fun Run

When I saw the DC Comics Fun Run, I wanted to register just to get the singlet and the costume because it was cool. Then I invited my friends to join and they wanted to register for the 10k category ("-_-). I don't run or jog or exercise at all so this event pushed me to start since I don't want to be out of breath in the middle of the track (more like the first km in this case) or worse.

Registration itself was a challenge. Race packets were available at Chris Sports outlets and online. We tried buying packets at Chris Sports so we can fit it but they were always sold out. The sales lady told us stocks run out almost immediately after it reaches the store. So we just registered online and most sizes were already sold out too.
The 10k race packet costs PHP900 and contains a sling bag, a singlet of the hero of your choice, a mask/cape/crown depending on the hero, your race bib and a map.
I chose Wonder Woman because it's the only super hero available with female sizes. Other superhero choices were Batman (with mask), Superman (with cape), The Flash (with mask) and Green Lantern (with mask).

 The map also doubles as a poster.

Race Map with routes for different categories.


 Lots of superheroes patrolling the MoA grounds last April 18, 23015.

 The Blur (Smallville)

 Groupie before the race starts.

We originally planned on walking the entire way but when the race begun everyone started to run then we panicked and ran with them as well (at least for the first km) XD

 Then we saw this beautiful beautiful view and can't help but stop and take a snapshot. #nofilter

 Or maybe we were just finding reasons to take a break XD

 Groupie after the race. Yay! We finished it!

And that's how I got my first 10k finisher's medal ^_^

1 comment: