Saturday, January 24, 2015

Urban Connection: Nail Spa

I don't usually spend a fortune on my nails but seeing them like this breaks my heart. Okay I'm exaggerating. But look it's all dry and chipped so I decided it's time to give my nails a treat.

Urban Connection: Nail Lounge and Spa is located at Tomas Morato Ave.


Services Offered:


The ambiance is really posh and girly.


 The seats were very comfortable.


I decided to get the manicure and pedicure package with gel nail polish. It will be my first time to try gel nail polish and hopefully not my last. XD What's the difference between ordinary and gel nail polish? Aside from the tedious process, it should last longer than the ordinary ones.


These are the colors available for gel nail polish
 After cleaning, she first puts a primer then a clear nail polish.

 After that, 3 layers of the gel nail polish. This is the first layer.

 Second layer.

3rd layer. Coated with clear nail polish. I actually chose black but somehow it looks dark brown.
After every layer, they use this device so it dries faster.

My friend already tried this before. It's been 2 weeks and it's still intact. Now she's getting it removed just because. XD

Regular nail polish for my toe nails because they're so tiny you can barely see them XD


They also offer nail art. Here are some designs.
My friend tried the white passion foot spa. I'll definitely try one when I go back.
 Cling wrapped


 
Till next time!
 

UPDATE:
 After 1 week, still as good as new. Impressive since I usually mess it up on the first or second day.

 After 2 weeks, It's still pretty much intact but my nails are starting to grow longer.

After 3 weeks, on the left hand it's still intact. On the right hand though it's starting to chip. 

Okay so it did end up staying longer than ordinary nail polish so I guess you get what you pay for. But after a week your nails will already grow so I don't know maybe if you really need the nail polish to stay long. This will be the last update as I'll probably have it removed this week given the time. Gel nail polish removal costs PHP200 if I'm not mistaken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment