Monday, January 26, 2015

Lunchbox Diet

After our Palawan trip, we vowed to have beach bodies since summer is already fast approaching. Okay "vowed" is a strong word but you get the point XD. I'm not the type to go to the gym or participate on fun runs. I'd rather stay at home on my free time curled up in my bed with a good book or a movie or two. So how the fudge will I have a beach freakin body in time for summer?
My friend suggested we try the Lunchbox Diet. It's the first time I've heard of this. So how does it work? They will prepare the meal for you in a week and ensure you get the right amount of calories.

Cutting calories can help you lose weight. Emphasis on the word "help". Not all calories are the same, cutting calories is not as simple as you think. Sometimes by cutting calories without a balanced meal, we end up getting hungry or craving for something else which in most cases ends our diet spree. so I would like to share the following tips which I got from this site: http://authoritynutrition.com/how-many-calories-per-day/
1. Eating More Protein Can Reduce Appetite, Cut Cravings by 60% and Increase The Amount of Calories You Burn
2. Avoid Sugary Soft Drinks (and Fruit Juices), The Most Fattening Items in The Modern Diet
3. Drinking More Water Can Help With Weight Loss
4. Do Some Exercise and Lift Weights
5. Reduce Carbohydrate Intake, Especially Refined Carbs and Sugars

I don't cook, much less fuss about my calorie intake per day so Lunchbox Diet is good news to me. Lunchbox Diet would take care of points 1 and 5 for me. They have meal plans depending on your lifestyle and desired outcome.
How do you know which calorie plan suits you? You can check on the link provided above or here is a simple guide:

1200 calories per day
- petite to normal build with sedentary lifestyle targeting a body weight of 40-60 kg
- petite build with active lifestyle targeting a body weight of 40-55 kg

1500 calories per day
- normal to big build with sedentary lifestyle targeting a body weight of 60-70 kg
- normal build with active lifestyle targeting a body weight of 55-60 kg

1800 calories per day
- big build with sedentary lifestyle targeting a body weight of 70-75 kg
- bigger build with active lifestyle targeting a body weight of 60-70 kg
 

2000 calories per day
- big build with active lifestyle targeting a body weight of 70-75 kg



Using the link above, here is my chart. So I chose the plan with 1200 calories per day.


Menu for the Week:

Day 1 was a disaster. We had the food delivered at the office. I was excited and expecting the food when I arrived at the office but no. There had been technical difficulties during delivery so we ended up cancelling and refunding for Day 1. Nevertheless I just ate minimally because I was determined to keep this diet.

Day 2

Before anything else, we weighed ourselves so we can record if it really works. You can see the measurement in my chart above.
Tuesday Meal

I was already expecting minimal servings but when I saw all these I was thinking I could eat it in one seating. XD With regards to the taste it was okay. Nothing fancy or anything but something you can actually eat. Diet foods are normally bland for me. But what do I know it's just my first day.

Day 3
 Wednesday Meal
The meals are quite heavy today with rice for breakfast and dinner.
Did you know that a medium sized banana has about a hundred calories? 
But it also contains a high amount of dietary fiber which helps you feel full longer.

 I cheated today with these XD

Day 4
 Thursday Meal
The vegetables are fresh and crunchy yum!

Okay a little serving of vegetables are fine but not the whole thing. 
T_T (cries in the corner)

Day 5
Friday Meal
Not much vegetables today..hooray!!!

I followed points 2 and 3 by drinking only water, coffee without sugar or green tea. Point 4 is kind of blurred to me so I'll pass. XD


Steps to order:
Covered locations:


After 4 days of having lunchbox diet, we weighed ourselves and guess what? I lost 2 pounds already!
Actually I haven't eaten my lunchbox today so it's just 3 days. But hey it actually works! I'm going to try this again next week and see if I get the same results.

It's actually expensive PHP1700 per week / 5 days = PHP340 per day. But that's already 3 meals and 2 snacks per day. I don't need to cook or go out for my meals, it's healthy and it helps me lose weight. It keeps me from buying junk foods because I don't want to waste what I paid for. So for me it's a win win. :)

UPDATE:
I tried it for another week before calling it off. Why? One I just discovered my dislike for fresh (uncooked) carrots. Unfortunately almost every dish this week has carrots. Two I started cheating..french fries, pretzels, milk tea.. so yeah you get the idea. I just can't say no. Or maybe it's just me making excuses. So I didn't even bother to check my weight again. XD
The next week I really missed the convenience of having food at the ready. I also missed the variety and the feeling that you're eating healthy and loosing weight because now I'm back to KFC everyday. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment