Sunday, November 23, 2014

Ippudo Ramen!!!

So here I am again trying out a new ramen house which was highly recommended by my friend. We tried their branch at 3F SM Megamall's new wing.

 

View from 5th Floor near Ice Skating Rink

I was surprised to see how long the waiting line is. But the waiting time is actually not that long plus they give complimentary fried noodles while you wait.
Complimentary Fried Noodles

A personnel will approach and ask you the size of your party. They won't let you in unless your group is complete but you don't need to go back in line. You can wait for members of your group outside. This way waiting time inside the restaurant is lessened and more customers can be accommodated. This is also the reason why the waiting time is fast. You just go inside to eat. I'm actually confused how I explained it. I'm not good at explaining. So here.. just read the notice. (^_^)

Inside the Restaurant







The ambiance is pretty much the same as other Japanese restaurants. 

Our host for the evening
He kindly explained us the difference between the ramen they offer and recommended us to try the very hard noodles (al dente?) which was actually good.


Their Menu











They have 3 kinds of tonkatsu based ramen.
1. Shiromaru - Not Spicy
2. Akamaru - Slightly Spicy
3. Karaka - Spicy

 Shiromaru comes in a white bowl

 Akamaru comes in a red bowl

 Karaka with additional tamago comes in a black and red bowl

 Gyoza

Pork Bun came recommended and didn't disappoint those who ordered

I ordered Akamaru Ramen which was already spicy for me but not spicy spicy more of tolerable good spicy if you know what I mean. The serving was just right. I was able to finish it and I was full. The price if I remember correctly is about a hundred less than Ramen Nagi.

Of course this whole experience wouldn't be complete without a groupie. That's me at the back with my Ingress peeps.















No comments:

Post a Comment