Sunday, July 20, 2014

Japanese food on a budget?

I love ramen! And sushi! And maki! And takoyaki! But they're quite expensive don't you think? A bowl of ramen usually cost PHP200+ to PHP500+ and PHP100+ to PHP300+ for 3-4pcs of maki. :(

So what can a bulakenyang gipit do if she craves for Japanese but don't have enough money? Simple, I look for cheaper alternatives. :)

For ramen cravings, I usually go to Tokyo Tokyo. Try their spicy chicken ramen.
The snack size only costs PHP99 and the regular size costs PHP150, add PHP50 for 3pcs gyoza and red tea.

I usually order the snack size which is just enough for me with the gyoza and red tea add ons.

I've tried the braised beef once (cause they accidentally gave me braised beef instead of spicy chicken (in my defense, they look the same and the soup taste the same)) but I don't like my ramen sweet so I like the hint of spice the spicy chicken gives :)

For maki, sushi and takoyaki cravings, I go to karate kid. I usually order sashi maki and takoyaki.
Sashi maki costs PHP79 ( 3pcs maki and 3 pcs sashimi)

They also sell them separately:
California maki 4pcs PHP45, 8pcs PHP85
Tuna sashima 6pcs PHP89

The tuna sashimi has thick slices which is quite weird but it's good enough.

Takoyaki 4pcs regular around PHP40, with fish flakes around PHP50

Try the one with fish flakes and watch them move :)

ITADAKIMASU!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment